|A Dog and His Boy|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
A Dog and His Boy is the pilot episode of Peabody's Improbable History.
Mr. Hector Peabody, the smartest being existence who is also a beagle, tells the audience the story of his life, including his early experiences, and his adoption of Sherman, his very own pet boy. He also tells the story of how he built the WABAC time machine.
- We learn that Peabody speaks 8 languages fluently, including English.
- The movie reuses this episode for some of the scenes but with a few modifications (see below).
- Sherman's Glasses are Red.
Changes in the Movie
Elements from this episode were used in the 2014 film, featuring events from many scenes in the movie with modifications to adjust to changes in plot.
- Peabody adopts Sherman as an infant rather than as a 7-year-old child.
- Peabody finds Sherman in a box rather than being beat up by a group of bullies, albeit both in an alley.
- The line the judge said was different.
- Cartoon Judge: This court can see no reason if a boy can have a dog, a dog can't have a boy.
- Movie Judge: If a boy can adopt a dog, I see no reason why a dog cannot adopt a boy.